Many Problems with TortoiseSVNAddin

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:58 AM

Hi,

I have installed this addin, but unfortunately it doesn't work and behaves very strangely. First, after instalation I did not have TortoiseSVN menu available in VS, so I copied plugin dlls and config files  from instalation directory "C:\Program Files\TortoiseSVNAddin" to "C:\Documents and Settings\Ian\Moje dokumenty\Visual Studio 2008\Addins" (note that not all folder names are english). The menu appeared, but almost all menu items are disabled (except "About ..." items). If I go to "Add in menager" and disable TortoiseSVN plugin, then menu items become enabled but I get "Object reference not set ..." error when I choose any of them. I tried to completly remove plugin but unfortunately I am not able to remove menu  item "TortoiseSVN" from my VS even if I disable plugin in plugin manager, run VS with /ResetAddin option or remove all plugin dlls and config files from  "C:\Documents and Settings\Ian\Moje dokumenty\Visual Studio 2008\Addins". 

How can I remove menu  item "TortoiseSVN" from my VS instalation ?

Dec 30, 2009 at 7:59 PM
Edited Dec 30, 2009 at 8:00 PM

hay, it did not work for me as well. But I found nice little plug-in that worked. here is the link..

http://blog.programmerslog.com/?p=4

Make sure, that your tortoise 1.6.x is in the addin path of visual studio

try it out...

Apr 11, 2010 at 8:05 PM

There's a trick in removing the plugin. First of all go to the uninstall a programm part in Windows, hit uninstall on the plugin and then a windows will appear in which you will be asked if you want to remove all components. Now you have to openup the Windows Task Manager and kill all devenv processes. Then you can click the proceed button in the uninstall window and it should work this way, the plugin should be uninstalled.

Try it out.